Side Screen Hinge Replacement Procedure
Symptom for Side Screen Hinge Replacement: Side screen no picture or lines. The picture in eye is viewer OK.
Caution: Test all functions in record and playback to see if there is further damage to the camera, which would make a repair uneconomically.
Camera Repair - Side Screen Hinge Replacement
- Dismantle the camera as far as you need to, to remove the whole side cover, which supports the Flip-out screen.
- Disconnect the flexible circuit board, which leads to the hinge unit.
- Unscrew and open the side screen itself.
- Undo the flexible circuit board and screws which hold the side screen and remove it from the hinge.
- Unscrew the hinge from the side case and replace it with the new one.
- Connect both ends of the flexible circuit board and refit the side screen.
- Complete to assemble the camera.
- Test all functions – Done!
If your camera fault is not listed or you need advice with your particular camera issue click on the logo below.
For free repair estimates
- Fast Free workshop Estimate
- Australia–wide send in service
- ALL BRANDS, Video & Photo
- Professional & Domestic equipment
- Very competitive rates
- 6 month warranty on repairs
- 24/7 online job tracking
- Technician advice