Pinch Roller Replacement Procedure
Symptom: Won’t accept tapes, error message. The pinch roller fell off the shaft and is missing or floating around in the tape mechanism.
Caution: The roller needs to be secured with a little plastic bit.
For this camcorder repair you just have to remove the cassette cover. There is no need to dismantle the camera.
Camera Repair - Pinch Roller Replacement
- Open the cassette carriage, remove the tape and leave it in eject position.
- Disconnect power/battery
- Remove cassette door
- Turn the camera around and shake it carefully to see if any parts fall out.
- Slide the old or new pinch roller over the shaft.
- Secure it with the little plastic bit as shown in image.
- If the plastic bit is to loose, secure it with a little drop of nail polish.
- Refit the door and test camera.
For free repair estimates
- Fast Free workshop Estimate
- Australia–wide send in service
- ALL BRANDS, Video & Photo
- Professional & Domestic equipment
- Very competitive rates
- 6 month warranty on repairs
- 24/7 online job tracking
- Technician advice